“Your skin barrier is the protective layer that guards you from the environment and stops your skin from losing fluids”
It can weaken from ageing and genetics as well as over cleansing or using too many products and UV exposure. Signs of a damaged skin barrier include dry or dull skin, redness, sensitivity or breakouts.
I like to follow a simple skincare routine to protect my skin barrier.
I use Gentle Cetaphil Cleanser at night but If I’ve been wearing makeup I swap out my cleanser and use a cleansing oil to remove my makeup instead.
The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser has been on the market since 1947 formulated by a pharmacist and recommended by dermatologists as a daily gentle cleanser for even the most sensitive skin.
It is fragrance soap and lanolin free, removes light makeup and will not block your pores. Helps to retain moisture. pH balanced. And the best part is, it doesn’t sting your eyes.
In the mornings I just rinse my face with warm water because I don’t want to dry my skin out by over cleansing, then I follow with my vitamin infused serums, Cetaphil Moisturiser & sunscreen.
I don’t wear much makeup these days, but when I do I have been using the Hydrating Cleansing Oil I mentioned above to remove my makeup. I’ve only used this one a few times and I’m already in love with it!
After cleansing I treat my skin with my beautiful serums from Sand & Sky, these serums are also packed with the ingredients you need to protect your skin barrier.
“For healthy happy skin moisturising is a crucial step and it’s also a key part of maintaining your barrier”
The Cetaphil Moisturiser is excellent. I use it twice a day and it’s Ingredients are deeply hydrating for the skin. It contains,
- Sunflower seed oil
- Dimethiconol – a type of silicone which helps moisture to spread easily across the skin and form a protective coating, while still allowing skin to breathe.
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Glycerin – Glycerin is found naturally in the skin. Glycerin is a key ingredient for skin hydration. It acts like a sponge, drawing moisture from the air and slowing down the evaporation of moisture from your skin.
Last but not least,, Rain, Hail or Shine applying sunscreen is one of the best things you can do to protect your skin, NEVER miss this step! At the moment I’m using WE ARE FEEL GOOD INC SIGNATURE SUNSCREEN LOTION SPF 50+
I hope you enjoyed this post and good luck protecting your skin barrier!
This post was featured on Links à la Mode fashion roundup by Independent Fashion Bloggers.
More fashion articles:
- A Blue Midi Dress – Perfect for Summer by Midlife and Beyond
- Pros And Cons Of Babyliss Hair Straighteners by IFB
- A Visual Cornucopia by Carole Shashona
- A Little Thing Called: “Work Life Balance” by Online Personal Stylist
- How I Protect My Skin Barrier by Angie Lee
For more content follow angieleestyle on the LIKEtoKNOW.it shopping app
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓈𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒶𝒾𝓃𝓈 𝒶𝒻𝒻𝒾𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝓃𝓀𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝒹𝓊𝒸𝓉𝓈. 𝐼 𝓂𝒶𝓎 𝓇𝑒𝒸𝑒𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝓈𝓂𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓅𝓊𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝓂𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓈𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝓃𝓀𝓈